Amazon is one of the largest and biggest e-commerce platform in the United States and the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon is leading its way regularly with increasing number of members. Amazon not only provides their customers with only products but also a wide array of services and much more than that it is a unique and one in a kind e-commerce platform. The services and programs like amazon prime, digital content hub, games, video direct etc. are unique in their own. Check this wiki page to know more about amazon.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Last year on 15th of July 2015, Amazon celebrated its 20th anniversary with Amazon Prime Day. As the name suggest, on Amazon Prime day amazon provides their prime customers (Start your free Prime trial) with the best lightening deals and offers. It’s not like they’ve deals and offers only for amazon prime customers but as usual Prime members get early access to those deals. Although last year it was just considered as a day for the 20th anniversary but now it has officially become the annual day for prime users in the mid of July.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2016?
Amazon prime day 2016, as announced by the officials, will be held in the mid-July 2016. Amazon prime day deals last year was not carried out whole day because most of the inventory was sold out in no time. Amazon prime offers were even so lucrative that it not only increased the Amazon prime sales but also other members traffic was also noticed by the Amazon. Amazon Prime offers of 2015 offered their prime users with heavy discounts and products than the black Friday deals. We’ve covered the complete coverage of Amazon Prime Day 2015 here.
Amazon has announced that their Lightening deals will be carried out the whole day and they wanted to make it a success for their prime users by providing them a perfect delight of Amazon prime deals. Now the global prime dealers are waiting for the official dates but if we go by the last year then it was held on 15th of July and that was on Tuesday. If Amazon officials are thinking to go on Tuesday then this year it will be on 12 July or 19 July. But there is a huge speculation that the date will be 15 again and that will be a Friday. We’ll keep you updated on amazon prime day 2016 dates here. So, don’t forgot to bookmark this page.
Who Can Shop Amazon Prime Day?
As the name suggests Amazon Prime Day sale will be there for customers who are having amazon prime membership. However, if you are not an Amazon Prime Subscriber you can take benefit of this sale by taking free one month trial of amazon prime.
What guidelines does Amazon give to their Merchants?
As last year the lightning deals couldn’t last much longer thus, this time, Amazon has given some special guidelines to their merchants and these are as follows:
- They are advised to propose the “Lightening deals” with a discount of 20% or more on products for Amazon Prime day sale that could last for six hours or until the supplies last on the same day.
- They also asked their merchants to maintain the inventory and should offer free shipping on all of the sold items that day and should maintain the timely delivery and customer services for the Amazon prime users.
- They have said their merchants to display the products with the least price which must be lowest since January 1, 2016.
- They should offer a minimum total deal of $ 5000. (number of units multiplied by the quoted price).
- The products with 3-star ratings or higher will be considered for the Amazon prime offers.
- The Listing must be free of any type of defects on the ASIN detail page.
- The Adult products, the products of controversial nature and suggestive images will not be entertained for the Lightning deals.
- Amazon has also warned their merchandisers that they will drop their Amazon prime deal at the last moment if the deal seems not to entertain the prime customers.
Last year on Amazon prime day 2015, Amazon suffered a huge traffic. The traffic just doubles folded on the same day and even the Amazon prime sales had bombarded. The exact stats are not available but this graph explains a lot of things after the Amazon Prime day 2015.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a premium option that charges you $99 per year with lots of benefits including free two-day shipping. Here are all the benefits you’ll get if you opt for amazon prime.
- Free two-day shipping on millions of items.
- 30 minutes early access to Amazon Lightening Deals.
- Unlimited Streaming of thousands of movies and TV Shows using Amazon Instant Streaming – Alternative to Netflix.
- Free Kindle Books.
- Unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- No minimum order size.
- Check out this post for complete benefits of amazon prime.
And the best part is, there is an option to share this feature up to 4 family members. You just need to go to the ‘Prime Central’ page and choose ‘invite a household member’. The family member will need a simple verification of your birth date to gain access to the free two-day shipping facility. For more information on sharing Amazon Prime with other members, check out this page. So, what are you waiting for start your free one month trial of amazon prime and be prepared for prime day 2016.
And in case, you’re a student? Amazon Student is the option for you if you want to enjoy Prime benefits like two-day free shipping and access to music, movies and books. Amazon student charges you only $49 per year and amazingly offers the six-month trial for the convenience of students across the globe. To avail the service you will need a valid college email and the rest is great fun.
Some stats about the Amazon prime users:
- According to a survey, an Amazon prime user spends $625 per year.
- More than 20 Million products are available for Amazon prime customers.
- 78% of Amazon prime users pay for getting free two-day shipping.
- Almost 11% of the Baby Boomers have subscribed and are using Amazon Prime service.
- More than 30% of online shoppers is having the Amazon Prime Membership in the US.
- According to Business Insider, amazon is having 80 million users worldwide.
Growth in Amazon Prime Members
On 15 July 2015, Amazon have also faced a growth in the early rising prime users as they have checked the fresh deals at a peak time of 7:00 AM. And according to the hook logic, conversions grew up to 16% in the same week, with an 11 PM peak as most of the shoppers made the last minute purchase. And this year according to hook logic Amazon will surely face a much higher traffic this year.
What is special about Amazon prime day 2016?
Amazon prime day 2016, this year has a lot more to offer than the previous year to their prime users. Even the company thinks that their prime users are most valued customers as they spend more than the customers that are not signed up with the Amazon prime. Even if we go by the numbers than the Amazon prime customers have grown more than 3 million during the December 2015. Amazon is keeping its prime users in mind and will strive hard to serve the prime users that will visit on Amazon prime day 2016. Some of the special features of the Amazon prime day 2016 are as follows:
- This year Amazon prime offers special discounts and deals on the wide array of products for their prime users.
- Amazon Prime deals will be displayed after short intervals that will help the prime customers to browse them easily and before the normal users on amazon.com.
- Amazon will even offer a wide array of options for the shipping of the Amazon prime sales.
- This time, Amazon prime customers will find a huge range of original products and services with lucrative Amazon prime deals.
- There will be a good discount in the categories like TV, Laptops, Tablets, Clothing, shoes, Jewelry and plenty of Lightning Deals throughout the day.
- The amazon gadgets will be on sale like amazon echo, fire stick, fire TV, fire HD 7, amazon Tap etc.
If you want to keep an eye on Amazon Prime day 2016 then we will keep you updating on our blog as we did before the Amazon Prime day 2015. You will also get to know about the best offers of the prime day as all you have to do is subscribe our mail newsletter and stay tuned to our blog.
Recommended Read > 21 Secrets To Save Money And Time At Amazon.com